In light of the global campaign "Eco Fashion & Lifestyles - Love the Nature" and the continuous commemoration of international, culture-rich fashion, World Fashion Week® Asia 2017 saw the gathering of fashion designers from 5 continents. Up-and-coming, emerging and established fashion designers were invited to showcase their 2018 Couture and Resort Collections to hundreds of internationally acclaimed buyers, retailers, and media – debuting and setting the trends for the global consumer.
World Fashion Week® Asia 2017 Gala Dinner & the subsequent showcasing events on the 9th and 10th of September 2017, presented collections or pieces from the following designers & countries;
- Angola: Lecticia’s by Gersy Pegado
- Botswana: House of Kay & Botocy
- Kenya: Bella’s Closet by Wangu
- Malawi: Lilly Alfonso
- Nigeria: Weiz Dhurm Franklyn
- South Africa: Janita Toerien
- Uganda: Beryl Qouture by Anita Beryl
- Zambia: ChizO.
- Dem. Rep. of Congo: Tina Lobondi
- Ghana: Duaba Serwa
- Zimbabwe: Rumbie Muzofa
- Canada: Bahareh Memarian
- Colombia: Flor de Amazona
- Costa Rica: Rob Chamaeleo
- Ecuador: Diego Madrinan
- Honduras: Miguel Chong
- México: Ximena Valero, Jonathan Morales
- Panama: Jaime Luna
- Paraguay: Fundación Princesa Diana
- Brazil: Samuel Cirnansck
- Cuba: Jose Benedi
- Paraguay: Celina Mersan
- Belgium: Maaike van den Abbeele
- Netherlands: Addy van den Krommenacker
- Norway: Elisabeth Vestli
- Portugal: Micaela Oliveira
- Spain: Paloma Suarez, Amiania By Alonso
- Albania: Ema Koja
- Denmark: Ann Wiberg
- Estonia: Liis Boode
- UK: Kim Stevenson
- Ireland: Jaqueline Quin
- Italy:Francesca Di Maria
- Ukraine: Olena Dat
- Hong Kong China: David Cheng & Kiwib Wong, Kamla Hiranand
- India: Nivedita Saboo
- Indonesia: Amanda I. Lestari
- Malaysia: Nanie Ms, Qamnee, Merial Beauty, Watie Collection, Veena Hijab & Couture, Arun Sayfull, Kaer, Shook&Shooks, Yans Creation
- Nepal: Ashrita Bhadel
- New Zealand: Shona Tawhiao
- Philippines: Brit Tripudio, Ia Coca Cresencio
- Singapore: Evanna House of Fashion
- Vietnam: Devon Nguyen
- Afganistan Zalay Sherzad
- Armenia: Vahan Khachatryan
- Cambodia: Romyda Keth
- Japan: Junko Yoshioka
- Mongolia: Shimel Zagvar
About World Fashion Week®
Through its international events, World Fashion Week® encourages the expansion of fashion in the fields of goods, services, capital and technology - to promote international business relationships and the principle of fair-and-free trade among enterprises and nations. In line with our global objectives, World Fashion Week® also aims to promote global understanding, unity, social development and environmental responsibility. As a primary focus, World Fashion Week® seeks to eradicate extreme poverty on the African continent, through the empowerment of women in underdeveloped countries – promoting global education, unity, and peace for all.
By recognizing its power and beauty, we can use fashion as a powerful driving force to bring about social change, unite cultures and give our light. Join us as we prepare for the World Fashion Week® Paris 2018/19, where we will further celebrate and showcase international fashion on a three-fold global stage.
World Fashion Week® – Give Your Light To The World.
For more information on World Fashion Week® Asia 2017 and the upcoming World Fashion Week® Paris 2018/19, please visit www.worldfashionweek.tv.
For media inquiries, including interview opportunities, please contact Fazlin Sofea at +6013-6071598 or .